Services for Tenants

 Get Mutual Website- BCCM Initiative

New online resource on setting up and running co-operatives.  Provides toolkits, links to reports and helpful organisations, as well as a service to connect groups with advisors and experienced professionals.

Support Service Contact Details

Registrar of Community Housing

Responsible for regulating community housing providers in NSW under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing

Phone: 1800 330 940

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS NATIONAL)

Telephone interpreting service available 24 hours 7 days a week

Phone: 131 450

Tenants Advice and Advocacy Services

Provides free, independent information, advice and advocacy to tenants throughout New South Wales

NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)

Oversees and deliberates on a range of matters including tenancy issues, building works and guardianship and administrative review of government decisions

Phone: 1300 135 399

Housing Appeals Committee (HAC)

An independent avenue of appeal for social housing clients in NSW

Phone: 1800 629 794

Legal Aid NSW

Provides legal services to disadvantaged people

Phone: 1800 330 940

NSW Federation of Housing Associations

The peak industry body for housing associations in NSW.  Housing associations are not-for-profit managers and developers of low cost housing.

Phone: 02 9281 7144

Council of Social Service of NSW (NCOSS)

The peak body for the social and community services sector in NSW

Phone: 02 9211 2599

Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenants Service

Covers Sydney, Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hawkesbury, Macarthur areas. Provides free, independent information, advice and advocacy to Aboriginal tenants.

Phone: 02 9698 0873

Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ)

DCJ covers the following services:

Phone: 1800 422 322

  • Department of Family and Community Services, Housing (FACS)

Phone: 1800 422 322 (Open 24/7)

  • Link2home 

Link2home is the statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

Free Call: 1800 152 152
  • Law Access NSW

A free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW.

Phone: 1 300 888 529

  • Domestic Violence Line

Provides telephone counselling, info and referrals for people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence. 24/7 wide range of services 

Free Call: 1800 656 463
  • Child Protection Helpline
Free Call: 13 2111 (Open 24/7)
  • NSW Victims Access Line
Free Call: 1 800 633 063

National Disability Insurance Agency

The agency rolling out and managing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).


Phone: 1800 800 110

NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Quality and Safeguards Commission

An independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services.
Phone: 1800 035 544

NSW Ombudsman

Deal with complaints and review the situation of people in care.


Phone: 02 9286 1000 or 1800 451 524

NSW Anti-Discrimination Board

They strive to eliminate discrimination by resolving enquiries and complaints, raising awareness about discrimination and its impacts, and taking action to influence change.


Phone: 02 9268 5544 or 1800 670 82

NSW Fair Work Commission

Responsible for administering the Fair Work Act


Phone: 1300 799 675


Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission

Protects and promotes human rights in Australia.

Phone: 1300 656 419